Monday 20 October 2014

Green Screen Concept

Because my music video is part narrative story and part band visuals, I will require a stage for the band to play on. I currently have my mind set on using a green screen in the background of my piece which will feature a war torn city or combat of sorts to illustrate the war theme. As a result of this I have been looking at the workings of a green screen in detail, not only will I need a large area to set it up in, but I will also need the screen to be well lit and prominently visible so that the editing software can properly distinguish it from the rest of the colors on screen.
 
If my estimates are correct, in order to account for the width of the band members together with a little extra moving room, the screen will need to be 9ft across and 6 feet high which will be enough to account for the bands height. In addition to this, the use of a smoke maker on a very light setting to give the illusion of dust could be quite effective and so I will be looking into that.
 
As an alternative to sheeting, I can also use a brightly colored wall or even use a blue screen instead, however, I am quite set on the idea of a portable green screen set that can be set up with bracket.

No comments:

Post a Comment