Thursday 23 October 2014

Name of the Band

I have recently been looking at Alt-Rock band names for my piece, from what I have seen Alt-Rock bands commonly use an adjective and a noun or object, or at least an object is the focus, Peoples names rarely come into use. Well known examples include...
  • The All-American Rejects
  • Barenaked Ladies
  • The Dead Weather
  • Bullet For My Valentine
  • The Dead Weather
  • Fall Out Boy
In keeping with my Mainstream approach I will want an album title that sounds like it belongs in the Alt-Rock genre to help it be more easily identified. To help myself with this I have decided to break down the themes of the piece to try to establish a series of adjectives nouns or objects.

Concepts of the Piece
  •  Love
  • Depression
  • Redemption
  • Violence
  • Sorrow
Possible objects these concepts could relate to
  • Hearts
  • Tears
  • Blood
  • Glass
  • Gifts
  • Photo
  • Picture
Possible adjectives
  • Abandoned
  • Beloved
  • Crooked
  • Familiar
  • Guillible
  • Reckless

Possible Combinations that I find appealing
  • The Abandoned/Reckless Hearts
  • A Familiar Picture
  • The Guillible Hearts
In actuality I really like 'A Familiar Picture', it gives the interpretation of something being repeated like a memory which fits well with the concepts of this video at least given its focus on lost love as a theme


No comments:

Post a Comment