Tuesday 24 June 2014

Comfort Areas of Music Video

This is an important aspect for me, I'm not necessarily comfortable with certain styles of music, in particular recent pop hits to me are empty, repetitive and incredibly lackluster. As a result the song that I pick will be slightly older but not too much. I don't see this being too troublesome however as the task requires I understand the concepts and conventions of these videos to receive a clean grade, It isn't based on how new the song is.

For clarification the genre I feel most comfortable with is Rock/Pop and Alternative Rock from the Period 2000 to 2010. This includes bands like 'Linkin Park', 'The Red Hot Chili Peppers' and 'R.E.M.'.

The Reason I find such bands interesting is the interpretations these songs can be given and the variation between individuals especially in Alternative Rock, In Pop Rock there can be moments of extreme cheer and adrenaline that are simply marvelous.




LINKIN PARK

Linkin Park in particular was a very popular band when it first hit the music scene, I personally enjoy their newest album 'Living Things' (2012) which does break my aforementioned tastes but I think that there are a lot of different emotional scenes that can be explored with some of their new content.

Roads Untraveled in my opinion would make a superb music video. I do actually have some ideas for this song, but they need developing before I consider them relevant. I am actually considering the use of this song.

Old Linkin Park Video's tended to have a very specific style to them which I found interesting most of them actually follow the theme of war a lot of the time which is something a lot of bands tend to focus on including 30 Seconds to Mars and Nickelback.

No comments:

Post a Comment