Monday 16 June 2014

Different Forms of Animation

I am currently reading through a large index of various types of animation and the effects each one has. While the traditional flash and CGI animations may be the most prevalent in the area of film, Music videos tend to access many other forms. For Example...

1. Bruno Mars- Just the Way You Are


Just The Way You Are - Bruno Mars OFFICIAL... by asronline

The Interesting thing about this piece is the sped up creation of text and moving images with cassette  tape which looks fantastic and really helps to express the theme of the song.














In my case I think that It would take a bit of effort, however there are many online tutorials on the subject and I could consider this style for use in my piece as it is absolutely stunning.

2. A.H.A- Take On Me

Aha.-.Take.on.me by herzchen

Its a Little bit dated now but this video was an instant classic back when it was created. It actually comes across as a rather interesting story for the viewers. The style itself involves a lot of gruelling work for each hashed pencilled frame, however, with the use of video editing software a filter could make it a little easier.

3. Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc.

Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc by Gorillaz-WMG-Official

Impressive but unlikely is this form of animation, it is unlikely I will make anything close to this given the crafting ability but I could at least animate sections if need be. Little needs to be said about this style, it is both creepy and stunning at the same time in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment