Sunday 22 February 2015

Band Poster

I feel like this is the design choice that I am going to use for my band poster, I believe that it sufficiently connects the three print products together and is easily visually connected.

The Band Poster
I believe that this can immediately be recognisable in connection to the Advert and the CD because of a number of things. Firstly, the band logo is present with minimal change, the signature red rose is also present just as it is on the other two products which is helpful here as well giving its aesthetically pleasing look and powerful contrast which I also used to my advantage in my advertisement as it draws the eye with its bright tones.

The theme of glass has once again been preserved, as you can see the sharp broken edges at the top give the poster a shattered and sharp look which is spread through out the entire piece, forcing the audiences vision onto the only clear section, which is where the important content of the piece lies.

As for the review placed at the bottom, my research had found that among the most prominent Rock and Alternative Rock based magazines, some of the most popular of all were 'MOJO' and 'Kerrang!'. 'Kerrang!' however actually still maintains its stature as having the most sales of any other rock magazine currently available and as such it warrants a great deal of respect from them by fans of the genre. I felt it fitting to use a review from them as it would give the album a sense of professionalism as it would indicate that the songs on the album were of an incredibly high quality. On a side note, I also used the magazines logo title in place of text, simply to give audience members who were aware of the magazine, yet who couldn't fully remember the name. the inside information required.

The two vectors in the bottom corners are for the audience to be made aware of where this album can be purchased in case the poster peaks their interests and gives them the interest in buying the album. The bands website is also present to give the audience a constant reminder of where to find out about tour dates and CD information they cant find elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment