Monday 24 November 2014

Digipack Change to go with the new concept

 

 
I am writing to make it clear that the tone of my Digipack at the end of the piece will have subsequent change from its original plan, Obviously the old war theme wont work in the new context so I will be changing it to a Alt Rock themed album with a focus more on gloomy atmosphere and possibly including the concept of love somewhere
 
In terms of the actual visible differences on the album cover the new album cover will use more washed out greys and browns, My idea for the original of course wasn't so grim in its design, it simply had to connote war themes and I even considered the inclusion of the colour red to connote blood and danger. The grey and grim colouring of the new album cover is designed to reflect the depressive tone of the song and to make it clear to the target audience that there will not likely be any incredibly joyous songs on the album.


The Linkin Park Meteora album cover uses greys and browns in connection to a theme of rebellion

The Linkin Park Album 'Meteora' does in fact use a similar style, but the subject in the picture is seen to be rebellious whil I am intending to aim towards concepts like sadness and depression.
The Colours are not as prominent and while the visual is stunning there is an underlying tone of sadness and macabre
 
This album by 'The Offspring' has a similar tone to what im trying to achieve, the composition is intruiging and actually eye catching, the colours appear sombre and washed out and its quite depressive which matches the tone well.
 
This album cover from 'The Pretty Reckless' is possibly pushing the sombre mood too far and wouldn't fit my theme.
This Album Cover sadly is a way of illustrating how I dont want my album cover to turn out, this style is a little too dark and it actually looks more like it belongs in the heavier genres of rock, the clothing and the manner in which they are loitering also implies rebellion which my piece is sadly not about. The colours are interesting but I think the more subtle tones of 'The Offsprings' Album is closer to my tone.
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Could really do with some examples to illustrate this - post some images and explain your thinking in more detail, linked to your understanding of audience and genre as well as a more explicit explanation of your concept.

    ReplyDelete